The next working group meeting of the food waste and markdowns group will be held in Dublin, hosted by Food Cloud and to be held at Trinity College, Dublin (TBC)
Starting at 11.00am on Wednesday November 13th and closing at 3pm on Thursday 14th November, this meeting will be free to attend and for retailers, academics and producers only. Including in the agenda will be:
- Site Visit to Food Cloud Depot
- Deep Dive Store Reviews
- Supplier Perspective Case Studies - How do producers think about food waste, what are the incentives in place to deliver joint value creation via waste prevention?
- Academic update - expiry date code business case and latest research papers review.
- GS1 data bar review - can the promise of the value proposition (productivity, waste reduction, compliance) be converted into the real world of retail operations? Retailers to share experiences.
- Innovation - case study updates from finalists from the 2019 Waste Prevention Challenge including Evigence sensors.
- Retailer Case Study - Kroger USA - Lessons learnt on how to deliver improved waste (shrink) and sales in fresh via deeper collaboration with the merchants and external providers
- Speed dating - "Date" your peers to learn about your respective work plan priorities and the potential to work together and learn from each other.
On Wednesday night there will be a "Surplus to Spectacular" networking event where leading chefs will convert products that would otherwise have been thrown away into amazing new dishes.
To see the draft agenda, please click here
To register, please click here.